Sunday, February 26, 2023

Tasting - Benvolio

  


Benvolio

  • Variety of grape(s): Glera 
  • Country of origin: Italy
  • Region of origin: Friuli in Veneto
  • Vintage year: n/a, non-vintage 
  • Price: ~$13.00 a bottle (but I paid $40 at the airport!)
  • Historian/Vintner/Winemaker: local winemakers in Friuli 
Critic/Wine Review
  • It has a rating of 86/100.  
  • https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/benvolio+prosecco+veneto+italy
Wine Folly
  • Prosecco
    • Italy's most popular sparkling wine was created with Gerla grapes.
    • Pairs well with antipasto, cured meats, almonds, and potentially spicy Asian food. 
    • It has little tannins and body. A higher sweetness and alcohol content. It is also higher on the acidity scale as well. 
    • Usually has notes of green apple, honeydew, pear, lager, and cream 
      • All taken from Wine Folly Page 155 
Specific Characteristic 
  • This was not a very good prosecco in my opinion. I think it is one of the cheaper and not tastier proseccos I have had. Although, I will say it paired really well with my chicken and waffles! I split this bottle with my mom and her fiance on our way to NY to see phantom of the opera. I was crisply acidic and I could taste green apples and lemon. (I went to a super fancy Italian restaurant where I tried Vermentino for the first time and fell in love!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Barefoot Chardonnay

  Barefoot Chardonnay  Variety of grape(s): Chardonnay  Country of origin: USA Region of origin: CA Vintage year: n/a Price: ~2.50 a split  ...