Sunday, February 12, 2023

Tasting - Villa Jolanda St. Valentine I Love You

 


Villa Jolanda Saint Valentine I Love You 

  • Variety of grape(s): Glera? 
  • Country of origin: Italy
  • Region of origin: Piedmont in Cuneo 
  • Vintage year: n/a, non-vintage 
  • Price: ~$15.00 a bottle
  • Historian/Vintner/Winemaker: ~300 winegrowers and 5 vineyards 
Critic/Wine Review
  • It has on average 3.3/5 stars. 
  • Many reviewers could taste lemon, white peach, and grapefruit.  
  • Review from https://www.vivino.com/US/en/villa-jolanda-saint-valentine-i-love-you-spumante-vino-da-tavola/w/5378431#all_reviews
    • "Not too dry, not too sweet. Pretty bottle. Earthy, peach, and minerals." From Jun 2020
Wine Folly
  • Sparkling Wine  
    • Add a small amount of sugar (page 16)
    • Wine grapes are fermented and then mixed together. Liqueur de tirage. Second, fermentation traps carbon dioxide. (page 47)
    • Sparkling wine pairs great with salty, crumbly cheese, sour cheese and cream, delicate buttery cheese, nutty hard cheese, and dry, salty umani cheese. (page 60) 
Specific Characteristic 
  • I went to Vintage Cellar for one of their wine tastings. (I found a wine I LOVE and will be eating with a meal soon!) I tried about 6 wines, and then I asked the wine CSR for a recommendation on something bubbly. I will not lie. I chose this bottle because I thought it was pretty. It is a sweet sparkling wine. The fruits I taste the most are grapefruit and peach. This had not been my favorite sparkling wine. I would only repurchase it for the bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Barefoot Chardonnay

  Barefoot Chardonnay  Variety of grape(s): Chardonnay  Country of origin: USA Region of origin: CA Vintage year: n/a Price: ~2.50 a split  ...