Sunday, March 26, 2023

Tasting - Barefoot Pinot Noir

 


Barefoot Pinot Noir 

  • Variety of grape(s): Pinot Noir 
  • Country of origin: USA
  • Region of origin: CA
  • Vintage year: n/a
  • Price: ~2.50 for the split 
  • Historian/Vintner/Winemaker: Barefoot Cellars, Ceres, and Modesto 
Critic/Wine Review
  • It has a 4.6/5 star rating. 
  • From https://drizly.com/wine/red-wine/pinot-noir/barefoot-pinot-noir/p1839 
    • "Ok, this pinot is amazing and affordable!! It is so smooth and rich I can’t believe the price! I always pick one up at the store around the house!"
Wine Folly
  • Pinot Noir 
    • Most popular light-bodied red
    • Red fruit and spice flavors
    • Long, smooth, soft-tannin finish
    • Versatile red wine with food pairing with higher acidity and lower tannin 
    • Meant for duck, chicken, pork, and mushrooms
    • Central Coast, CA pinot Noir: sweet fruit and softer acidity
      • From pages 150-151
Specific Characteristic 
  • I am opening my palate to red wines. This is not a wine I would drink again. I am going to stick to whites and roses. All I smelt was alcohol. It did taste better than it smelled, which was nice. I could taste notes of raspberry and cherry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Barefoot Chardonnay

  Barefoot Chardonnay  Variety of grape(s): Chardonnay  Country of origin: USA Region of origin: CA Vintage year: n/a Price: ~2.50 a split  ...