Friday, February 3, 2023

Tasting - La Marca Prosecco


La Marca Prosecco

  • Variety of grape(s): Glera 
  • Country of origin: Italy
  • Region of origin: Veneto 
  • Vintage year: n/a, non-vintage 
  • Price: ~$15.00 a bottle
  • Historian/Vintner/Winemaker: local growers in Veneto, a cooperative
Critic/Wine Review
  • It has on average 86/100 score.
  • Many reviewers could taste the citrus and peach flavors. 
  • Review from https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/la+marca+prosecco+veneto+italy/1/usa-va#t3
    • "La Marca delivers a fresh and easy-drinking Prosecco that would wash down beautifully with bruschetta topped with cherry tomatoes and basil. This luminous sparkling wine is redolent of white peach and honey and offers a touch of sweetness on the bubbly finish." -Tasted in Jan 2011
Wine Folly
  • Prosecco
    • Italy's most popular sparkling wine was created with Gerla grapes.
    • Pairs well with antipasto, cured meats, almonds, and potentially spicy Asian food. (I will be trying it with spicy Asian food ASAP!)
    • It has little tannins and body. A higher sweetness and alcohol content. It is also higher on the acidity scale as well. 
    • Usually has notes of green apple, honeydew, pear, lager, and cream 
      • All taken from Wine Folly Page 155 
Specific Characteristic 
  • I am a super big fan of prosecco. This has been one of my favorite sparkling wine drinks. La Marca is not my favorite prosecco but it is still good. I bought the split so I did not drink the whole bottle (which is something I have and will continue to do if given the opportunity). I tried drinking it both warm and cold. Cold is always better in my opinion. I definitely taste the apple notes in the wine. I can also pick up citrus and floral notes. I could not however taste the peach everyone was talking about in their reviews. Most prosecco to me is very crisp and clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Barefoot Chardonnay

  Barefoot Chardonnay  Variety of grape(s): Chardonnay  Country of origin: USA Region of origin: CA Vintage year: n/a Price: ~2.50 a split  ...