Sunday, January 22, 2023

Tasting - El Enemigo



El Enemigo
  • Variety of grape(s): Malbec (purple grape)
  • Country of origin: Argentina 
  • Region of origin: Malbec
  • Vintage year: 2018
  • Price: ~$24.00 a bottle
  • Historian and Vintner: Adrianna Catena
  • Winemaker: Alejandro Vigil
Critic/Wine Review
  • It has on average a 91/100 score.
  • Many reviewers could taste the fruity, floral, acidic, and oaky notes.
  • Review from https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/aleanna+el+enemigo+malbec+mendoza+argentina/1/usa-va-y#t3 
    • "The effects of the warm year are felt in this Malbec with its sweet fruits and gentle, soft tannins. The fresh acidity, doing its job of balancing that succulent maturity in a red to now uncork with charcuterie. This comes from vineyards at about 1,400 meters planted in the second half of the 1990s on lime and sandy soils." -Tasted in Jan 2023
Wine Folly
  • I have not received the book yet, but as soon as I do, I will edit the blog post or simply look it up for my own knowledge.
Specific Characteristic 
  • I am not a super big red wine drinker. I snagged this bottle based off of my mom's recommendation. My friend and I drank a bottle at a restaurant (with no food, although next time I will be ordering food!) It is robust, full-bodied, and fragrant. I could taste hints of oakiness and even a hint of vanilla. It is one of the nicer Malbecs that I have drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Barefoot Chardonnay

  Barefoot Chardonnay  Variety of grape(s): Chardonnay  Country of origin: USA Region of origin: CA Vintage year: n/a Price: ~2.50 a split  ...